Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Seoul-fall experience (Part 1)

This is a super late post!  But I just wanted to share with you our fall experience in Seoul last November 2014.  I am no K-pop fan, but I fell in love with the place.  I think I like it more than HK because it has more cultural heritage (yes, I am a changed woman) and more laid back. Wow, I cannot i believe i said that!  Probably because of age I would now rather visit historical places than go shopping.  My hubby and I are more into food tripping.  And that's the reason why I gained a couple of pounds in just four days!

For this trip, we wanted to try something different. We stayed in a hostel for a change.  I researched travel blogs and decided to stay at  Global Hostel which is located in the heart of  Myeongdong. Although there is a little hike going to the hotel, it was a very good location because it was near the airport bus pick up and drop off point, near the subway, and there is a lot of restaurants within the neighborhood.  Another plus is that it is just a 10-15min walk (hike) going to the cable car that will lead you to the N-Seoul tower.  Before booking, I knew what to expect - a small room and a super tiny bathroom. But I realized that next time I would prefer a bigger room and definitely a bigger bathroom!  Overall though we still had a pleasant stay at the hotel because it was clean and the staff were really nice and helpful.  The hostel also has a small dining/ kitchen area, free coffee, toiletries, and wifi.  Total amount spent for the hotel was less than P10,000 for 3 nights and 4 days which is really not bad!

Global Hostel, Myeongdong.  Just remember when you see Mini- stop, turn right and you would have to walk up hill going to the hotel.   

First Order of business was to eat!  Two two chicken was located near the hostel so we gave it a try. Chicken and beer on a cold night was the perfect combination!
              
         This I believe was good for at least 3-4 persons.  But hubby and I finished everything!  


We arrived on a Friday night and all the restaurants were still open even at 12 mn!












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...