Friday, November 4, 2011

My 5th month journey

It's my son's 5th month birthday today.  He is fast asleep, enjoying the cool weather that we have today.  Looking back I did not imagine that things will get better, sleep wise.  Now, he is able to take naps lasting 1-2 hrs, and is able to sleep through the night (by that I mean, he still wakes up every 3-4 hrs to feed, but would sleep immediately after burping), a far cry from how he was 3 months ago.   It is true that things get better by the day.

As a first time mom, I was totally clueless of what's in store for me.  But thank God for my Mom, my 'mommy friends,' the Internet and Parenting books, for the tips and pointers.  It is truly important that you create your support system and do your own research as well.   One of the books that I bought is the American Academy of Pediatrics Caring for your Baby and young Child (birth to age 5). What I like about the book is that it does not only provide you with milestones that you can expect at a certain stage, but it also gives you developmental health watch, basic care, safety checks, and so on. It's a nice book to have on hand.

Five months having my little big boy is such a joy, especially since each day brings about new surprises, discoveries and accomplishments.  I am truly lucky to have the chance to experience and witness all of my son's milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...