Friday, November 25, 2011

Mommy eats: Yabu, House of Katsu

My husband and I are suckers for Katsudon and Pork Tonkatsu;  Hence, when I read in several blogs about this newly opened katsu restaurant, I was itching to try is out ASAP!  So, off I went to Megamall (2F Atrium) last Tuesday (during my 'me' time) to see what they've got to offer.


Once I was given the menu, I instantly knew what I must try first, the Rosu Katsu , which is served with Miso soup, cabbage salad and slices of fruits as side dishes.  I also ordered the appetizer set, wherein you get to choose two. I ended up with the Wakame, which is seaweed salad with ebiko and Potato Salad.  

Once my food arrived, I didn't expect that it would be too much for me (knowing the portion size of food here in our country). I ended up eating only half of what I ordered because I was so stuffed!   I loved the creamy potato salad and the Rosu Katsu was heaven!  It was cooked to perfection!
Thursday came and I was in Megamall once more for the Thanksgiving sale ( first time I went home not buying anything for myself, but that's another story) with my mom and son in tow.  I had to eat at Yabu again and let my mom taste it!  This time the place was jam-packed, a different scenario two days ago.  It's probably due to a lot of publicity and the owners were also there.  This time, I tried the 180g Pork Tonkatsu. Again, I wasn't disappointed!  I was wiser and just settled for the main course, no more appetizer.  Just the same as the other dishes, it comes with soup, salad and slices of fruits. They will also give you a mortar and pestle to crush the sesame seeds for the tonkatsu sauce.

Yabu interiors

Yabu interiors


Appetizer: Potato Salad and Wakame

 Rosu Katsu

 180g Pork tonkatsu

Yabu is still on its soft opening phase, so the service isn't that polished yet. But I can say that this is my new favorite restaurant in Megamall and I will definitely be back soon wtih my hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...