Friday, February 10, 2012

The days are long the years are short

When my daughter was too young to walk to school, we rode the bus. Each morning I gazed impatiently down third avenue, a day off was a treat. Until one morning-"Look Mommy! A dog!," she cried. It hit me, this was her childhood. One day we'd no longer be riding that bus. Now I think, another chance to ride the bus. The days are long the years are short. - Happiness Project-


I came across this while browsing some blogs and I was just so moved by it.  Although I am only a new mom with an 8 month old kid, I can relate to what the author (Gretchen Rubin) was talking about.  And I am pretty sure this is what every mother would feel and have felt: The days are long and the years are short.


I am lucky to be able to take care of Rocco full time and not share my time and energy with work.  Taking time off from work was not an easy decision to make at first.  For 11 years I have been used to earning my own money and just focusing on my needs.  But now that I see my son growing up, being there every waking and sleeping hour, witnessing every milestone is truly priceless (Yes, Rocco, I don't want to miss a anything!).  Although there are times when the days are long, I know that this is something that I will never regret and it is truly one of the best decisions that I ever made.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...