Thursday, September 13, 2012

Of Eastwood mall and celebrating the joy of a hands on mom

Today, my mom and I went to Eastwood with Rocco in tow for his second haricut at Cots for Tots.  Right after we ate at Momo, we went to the breastfeeding room to use the changing table.  We were surprised to see that there was a man (alone) inside the breastfeeding room.  He was seated on the couch and immediately got out of the room. I guess my mom and I were both taken aback that we were not able to utter a word. What the hell was he doing inside the room?  I have no idea. Your guess is goos as mine.  I honestly think no one ever checks that room, specifically in Eastwood, especially since the mall seems to be encouraging sleeping on the couches that they have in the 3rd and 4th floor.  No offense meant, I love the couches.  But it loses its class when people are snoring with their mouths open for everyone to see.  I live near Eastwood, so I frequent the mall (because of Gymboree) and those couches are always jam packed with sleeping people.

In connection with sleeping people inside the mall, we saw a "yaya "sleeping with her "alaga" in one of the couches.  The little girl was lying on the couch, while the "yaya" was semi-lying down on the couch, both with towels covering their eyes.    For all you know the parents of the kid don't even know where there child is napping (or better yet, where their child naps every day).  Our guess is that they just live in one of the condo units in Eastwood and are in the mall "para magpalamig."   If I were the mom of that kid I would totally go ballistic!   As a parent you just cannot help but think of the worse.  What if someone just kidnaps that kid and yaya is fast asleep?  Seeing that kid, really justified  my decision to be a hands on mom for the time being especially now that Rocco is still small.  

Not everyone decides to be one (hands on/ stay at home)  and not everyone is able to be one.  Being a stay at home and hands on mom was not an easy decision. I worked my ass of right after I graduated from college and it was a 360 degree change. But, I  know what my priority is and it is my son (and family, of course).  At this point, I cannot fathom the fact of leaving Rocco to someone else's care.  It has been the best decision I ever made and I know I will never regret it because Rocco will benefit from it.   It is not an easy job as what others would think, but it is the BEST job I have ever had because I get to be with my son and see all his milestones. It never gets boring because every single day is a new discovery.

So, cheers to all the stay at home mom out there!  

When you're a stay-at-home mother you have to pretend it's really boring, but it's not. It's enriching and fulfilling, and an amazing experience. And then when you're a working mother you have to pretend that you feel guilty all day long.
Amy Poehle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...