Monday, September 16, 2013

Mommy Eats: Gavino's Japanese Donuts

I came to discover Gavino's from a friend, who I bumped into SM Megamall one Saturday afternoon.  She made me taste the mochi-like donut.  I liked the unique texture (gooey and oh so chewy) and the fact that unlike other donuts out there, it not too sweet!

I  quickly headed to their kiosk at the Basement of building B, just outside the entrance of SM's Department store and ordered away!  The donuts come in 24 flavors and are very affordable.  Price for the regular donuts are at P29 a piece, the premium donuts at P39 a piece and the mochi balls at  P15 a piece.  If you order by the bulk, it comes out cheaper.  

I ordered the choco almond, glazed, strawbery sprinkle, green tea cheesecake, old fashioned cinnamon and choco crunched.  I have always loved my donuts plain and boring and that's why the Glazed donut topped my list.  For me, no amount of fancy flavors can hide a good donut.  My little R on the other hand devoured the Old fashioned cinnamon donut like there was no tomorrow (and that was because I was also taking a bite on his donut).  They also have mochi balls, which I believe are the mini version of the donuts.  In addition to that, they also sell coffee and chocolate drinks! Perfect combination, a must say.

I did some research to find out where Gavino's originated.  I did not know that it is not an international franchise. The owners were inspired by their travels in several Asian countries that  served such donuts.   They started selling these babies at the Mercato Centrale weekend market two years ago and because of the demand, they have expanded their business and now have five branches.

Alright, I am now salivating and craving again! Boy am I glad that these pon de rings have found their way to Manila.  I now have a go to place to satisfy my donut cravings!
                       
                                      
  
                                      

Find your way to the Gavino's branch nearest you!

Quezon City:

Unit 5, Greenhills Town Center, 2 Granada Street,
Brgy. Valencia, Quezon City

808 Banawe Avenue, Quezon City

Ground Floor, Il Terrazzo, Tomas Morato,
cor. Scount Madrinan, Quezon City

Manila:

4/F Pedro Gil Wing, Robinsons Place, Ermita, Manila

Mandaluyong:


Lower Ground Floor, Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City

Lower Ground Floor, Building B, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...