Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mommy bakes: Oreo cheesecake

For the longest time I have been dying to try this cheesecake recipe that I found in the net. I compared it to the other recipes I found and it seemed that Chantal's New York Cheesecake had a lot of positive feedback and was rated 4.5 stars. I just substituted the crust with Oreo and added Oreo bits to the batter since I had a pound of crushed Oreos waiting to be used. I baked it for an hour and left it in the oven for around 2 hours and had it cooled at room temperature for 5 hours.

The verdict? It was good. So good! I think I gained a few pounds eating it for 3 days (hahaha)! Though the next time I need to lower down the temp to around 325F (against 350F) and line the pan with aluminum foil since the sides were a little toasted. I will also use low fat cream cheese and Splenda to make it less fattening next time. I forgot to mention that I totally forgot to grease the pan! Lazy me! I was lucky that the cake did not stick to the pan when I transferred it to a plate and there were very few cracks.

This will definitely be a recipe I will keep and will surely keep making.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...