Monday, January 28, 2013

Toddler dilemma: dealing with a semi-picky eater

I never thought the day would come when my son would be picky with his food. It was not difficult to feed him anything until he turned 19 months this month. Suddenly, he would refuse to eat his meals, specifically his lunch. With breakfast I don't have any struggles making him eat even if he just drank milk. Lunch time is a hit or miss thing which stresses me out. Dinner time is a little less stressful because most of the time he will eat. I noticed though that if I give him fruits, biscuit, bread or anything sweet he'd eat it. However, I don't want to make it a habit to just give in and not feed him real food. I'm pretty cautious of the food that he eats. I don't want him to get used to eating too much sweets and junk food. So right now, I'm still experimenting on what will and will not work. Spaghetti bolognese is so far his favorite, and he"ll eat it anytime. But that can't be his meal every single day. So now, I have started looking for recipes online for picky eaters to add variety and to lessen my stress.

I sure hope that his is just a phase and he"ll get his groove back. Any tips you can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...