Thursday, June 27, 2013

Toddler activity: Color recognition

Since Rocco is already familiar with the alphabet and numbers, I thought it would be a good start to do color recognition.  My first attempt was to use a couple of bins containing blocks of the same color, but that didn't catch my son's attention.  For this activity, I just printed the different shapes and cut out exactly the same shapes so that Rocco could start matching the shapes and their corresponding colors. I placed it on a clear plastic so that we could use it over and over again. So far so good.  Every time he sees the clear book, he would immediately start matching the shapes and colors. We still need to work on articulation, though.  But that's ok, teaching does require a lot of practice and patience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...