Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Toddler activity: Fun with flour (and water)

This is my third attempt to make my son play with flour (and water).  The first two, he just played with it for a couple of minutes and completely ignored it afterwards.  Today was a success! He enjoyed the texture of the flour and tried to also spoon some in the little cup that I provided him.  To make it more exciting I added a little water to make it sticky and gooey.  He ended up looking like he had a flour fight with someone, which was my goal - for him to get down and dirty and discover different textures.

I had so much fun watching him enjoy this activity and am glad that I didn't give up.

    Here he is scooping some flour.  I should get a bigger tub!


   Getting down and dirty was the plan.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...