Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ode to my mother

Happy Mother's Day To the woman who gave me life, whom endured carrying me and kuya at the same time going down the stairs every morning, who taught me how to cook rice without using a rice cooker (without getting 'tutong'), who patiently taught me early in the morning before class how to multiply, who taught me how to bake those yummy ala Mrs. Fields cookies, who peeled shrimps for me, who made the best 'floating island,' who brought and fetched me in the office even during the wee hours of the morning, who willingly plays and take care of my son, who taught me to treat people equally and with respect and who continues to remind me to have faith in God.   There are a lot of things about you that I may have not covered and it will take several posts to just simply show the world what an awesome woman you are. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done and continuing to be doing for us.  I pray that God continues to bless you with good health so that my children will be able to experience how lucky they are to have Mamita.

I know that I am not as strong (physically and at times emotionally) as you are, but all that i hope for is toI be like you or at least half of what you have achieved as a Mother.  I love you, Mom.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...