Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! As usual, the holidays went by so fast.  Before I knew it, our helper was already keeping all the Christmas decors on the second of January!  Honestly I was pretty upset that she was such in a hurry to keep away all the decors because I wanted R to feel and enjoy the holidays longer.  But, there's no use in stressing over that so I just let it be.  It was probably also a good thing since R kept on removing the decors every single day.

I canot dey that the year that has passed was a year of trials for me and my family with the loss of our second child Vito.  While the pain will forever remain, I am blessed that I have a very supportive family  that really helped me get through it.  I am also thankful to my friends who went out of their way to comfort me.  There were those who I have not seen or spoken to for ages, but went out of their way to extend their condolences and even shared their  experiences.   Truly, God finds ways to heal you. And for that I am eternally grateful.  The tragedy undoubtedly caused a setback in my life.  But I knew my husband and R were there, just waiting for me to step out of what seemed like the darkest two weeks of my life.

Inevitably, life goes on.  I had to pull myself to be back on track. I kept and gave away things that reminded me of my pregnancy.  I busied myself.   Six weeks into postpartum, I accompanied my son to his summer school three time a week for three weeks.  I also enrolled myself to a three day make up class, which is part of my bucket list.  We went to Tagaytay a couple of times and brought R to the beach.  More than anything, I just wanted to be with my family and hold them close.

This 2014 I wish to travel more with my boys and explore new places.  My hubby and R loves the water so hopefully we will be able to visit the beach more.  I am also contemplating on going back to work pretty soon.  I pray that  I will find a job that will not interfere too much on my family life.  But more than anything, all I wish for this year (and the following years) are good health and safety for my family.  Happy New Year to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...