Monday, January 6, 2014

I finally did it!

Thanks to the prodding and faith of my SIL.  I finally took the plunge and did my first (dummy) fondant cake for my adorable niece's first birthday party.  Wow that was two years in the making from the time that I attended lessons at Heny Sison which I posted here.  The reason why I have been avoiding making fondant is because it really is tedious and tiring to deal with.  But I have rediscovered the excitement of conceptualizing the design and seeing the finished product.  I definitely need more practice, but I give myself a pat on the back for finally taking the plunge.

I did the desserts buffet which consisted of Mini choc chip cookies, mallows, gummy hearts, cake pops and assorted candies.  All DIY!  Styling was by SanFo Treats. 
Dessert Buffet.

My cake pops!

I scoured for jars at home and only bought one apothecary jar.

Here is my pride and joy, hahah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...